Software localization refers to a set of processes that adapt software for a foreign-language environment, such as an overseas market. Localization encompasses translation, but also involves many other issues, including:
- Support for character-based languages, such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Support for right-to-left scripts, such as Arabic and Farsi
- Use of different calendars
- Time zones
- Names and titles
- Weights and measures
- Cultural appropriateness
With its teams of translators, editors, programmers, designers, audio engineers and quality assurance personnel, MHT Corporation is the ideal solution for your software localization needs. From resource files through graphics, help files, packaging and audio-visual elements.
We are able to provide you with a comprehensive service that ensures your product works effectively in its foreign-language market.
MHT Corporation uses a three-stage process to complete software localization projects:
- We begin with an evaluation of your software, in which we talk to you about your needs and plan the project. We identify and inform you of any likely issues.
- We then extract, translate, adapt, and reintegrate all of the translatable elements from your software product.
- Finally, we undertake comprehensive testing of the reintegrated product, including regression testing and bug fixing, user interface testing, quality assurance testing, and taking localized screenshots.